Kids Lightweight Wheelchair Raincover - POLAR BEARS
The Kids Wheelchair Raincover fits neatly on to all special needs buggies and kids wheelchairs. It is easy to fit with no fiddly fixings, non-restrictive and 100% waterproof – perfect for everything from the Great British Summer to tropical monsoon!
The specially designed PU-backed fabric is silky soft against young skin yet 100% waterproof and lightweight enough to pack down into it’s own compact stuff-bag. Ideal for any kids who need to be kept dry but hate the restrictive element of (often very expensive!) PVC rain-covers.
• 100% waterproof shell – protects for rain, wind and insects
• This cover has been designed with the wheelchair user’s needs in mind: comforting without being too restrictive for sensory issues, can withstand kicking, can be folded down to access PEGs / administer medication, contrast Velcro tabs to help with visual impairment
• Easy to fit with no need to get out of the chair. Can be fitted by the user to aid independence, where appropriate.
• Fits all manual and powered wheelchairs and special needs buggies
• Great for growing children as the cover extends as they do providing a comforting protection for days out and for many years to come
• The cheerful designs are sure to brighten even the greyest day and provide a fun talking point. A lovely way to customise a boring wheelchair!
• 80cm wide by 100cm long (we suggest you check the length of legs and footplate before ordering)
• Recommended from aged 4 - 11 years (for ages 11+ or 135cm tall we recommend our Adult sized cosy)
• Supplied with a compact stuff sac for easy storage
• Please NB these raincovers are an apron style cover with elasticated hem to keep the cover securely in places
All orders of products in stock are dispatched by the next working day (excluding weekends and public holidays).
If you pre-ordering an item that is currently out of stock please Email Us
- UK Royal Mail Tracked: £3.50 3-5 working days
- UK Courier (DPD) ‘Next-Working-Day’ service: £7.50 – Order before 12pm (midday) from Monday–Friday for your order to arrive the next working day.
We cannot currently sell to Europe directly. Please find more details here for where to purchase our products in Europe
- Royal Mail £19.00 (allow 7-14 working days)
- Orders for delivery outside the UK are sent using the Royal Mail service. We can usually track your parcel until it reaches the destination sorting office, where it will be passed on to local mail carriers (depending on the country).
NB Flight bags are heavier and therefore have higher shipping rates. This is calculated at checkout.
Returns and Refunds
We are happy to offer a refund on any item returned to us in perfect condition and in its original packaging, within 30 days of receipt of order, with proof of purchase.
Please note we do not offer free returns. We only refund postage if the item is faulty or an incorrect item was sent to you.
Faulty items may be returned within a year of purchase. We would require a photo of the fault or the faulty item returned to us. This does not affect your statutory rights. To download a returns form and for more details please find both here
Please note that we cannot offer exchanges. If you wish to exchange your item for a different design or size, please return it using the method above and place a new order for the correct item.
What age is this suitable for?
We recommend this for all children from aged around 3 or 4 to 11 years old (or up to about 135cm in height).
Is this warm?
No! This is our very lightweight raincover. If you are looking at our best-selling fleece lined version please find it here
Is it universal?
Yes, this product is an apron style cover so it fits over the user rather than a traditional footmuff style. It fits all manual and powered wheelchairs and special needs buggies
Is it easy to fit?
It is has been designed so it is easy to fit by a carer or independent user. Two pairs of elastic and Velcro straps hold it in place and an elasticated hem fits snugly over the footplate or users feet.